Wednesday, May 27, 2009

Memorial Day at the Averitt house...

We decided to stick around the house this Memorial Day. Alex has been recovering from a sinus infection and double ear infection, so he wasn't up for going anywhere. I took this as an opportunity to grill out and invite some of my bros & sisters over. We had SO MUCH FOOD! On the menu: grilled chicken/pork chops/hot dogs & sausage (my hubby knows how to grill!), potato salad, pasta salad, corn on the cob, roasted zuchinni/squash/peppers/onions, deviled eggs, homemade ice cream & watermelon. Yummy! I didn't take many pics but here are a few from the day...

Little J enjoying his bubble gun...


Seriously, how cute is this kid!?


He LOVES corn on the cob!


Okay, so this is the kind of stuff that my nephews come up with...


And their uncles encourage!


They are drinking a 16 YEAR OLD Mt. Dew!!! Ewwwww!!!


Boys are so gross. But they make us laugh and keep us entertained, so I think we'll keep 'em. :)


It was a great day with family and a wonderful day at home. I hope you had a fun holiday, as well!

Love you guys,
Jill

14 comments:

becca said...

EEEWWW!!! I'm surprised it hadn't fermented!
I wish we had a pool too but I don't think we have enough houses to support one. That would be awesome to be able to walk to one though.

Rhonda Rae said...

gross they know that stuff goes bad right. thats all i can think 2 say

Jill said...

I know...they actually said it tasted like flat mt. dew. No one has gotten sick yet. :)

Momx6 said...

Thanks for the pics!

Hope2morrow said...

I have been wondering how you are feeling. Do you still have your morning sickness?

Thanks for the pictures; as always, I love them!

Megan said...

16 year old Mt. Dew?!?!? That is just gross! :-)

Shannon said...

That is hilarious!!! Only boys.

Glad you had a good weekend!

Thank you for praying for Katie!

Glitter & Bliss said...

That is too funny... Your menu sounds fantastic. I know it was yummy. Thanks so much for your sweet comment today. :)

Faith said...

Your family always looks like they have so much fun together! That little Jackson is just a doll...I know you love him so much!

Glad y'all had a wonderful Memorial Day!

Mazzy said...

How much fun! All that food is making my mouth water..
Boys are so gross!
*hugs*

Eric and Emily said...

All the food you described sounds so good!
The Mountain Dew thing sounds like the typical male thing to do, haha. At least they keep us laughing!

Hope your feeling good!

Monte and Missy said...

Thanks for sharing the festivities! We both had a good laugh about the Mountain Dew! A little curious how they came upon a 16 yr old MD???

Nitzia said...

where in the world did they find that 16 year old mt. dew? your menu sounds tasty, glad you guys had a good time. hope you are felling well. it was good to see you and Joy the other day, let's have lunch soon!

Ashley said...

Hey Jill!
Thanks for your sweet comments. I have a lamp that sits on the dresser as well as the chandelier---no fan. We keep the house pretty cool, so there's no need for a fan in that room, and I HAD to have the chandelier. Just ask my husband...haha! Haha who knows, my MIL might take orders! I'll ask! :o)