Thursday, May 14, 2009

Baby, Baby...

My parents are 'in town' for the week. I was able to spend some time with them before they headed to the condo in Hot Springs. Daddy agreed to go to our girly place for lunch. He even ordered raspberry vinaigrette for his salad...I think he secretly likes our girly place, as much as we do. ;) Afterwards, we went to Pickles and Ice Cream to look at some baby furniture. I found three more strollers that I like...guess that decision isn't made yet. I'm going to take Alex over to test them out and see what he thinks. He's definitely going to like the price tags on these, better. (ha!) I found another crib and upholstered chair that I really like. It's just so much fun shopping for this stuff. I will post pics when I can finally make a decision.

I can't believe I'm about to start my 2nd trimester! The morning sickness is just about gone. It started tapering off around 10 weeks. There for a few weeks, I was going to church and that was it. Now I actually feel like getting out of the house. I'm hungry all of the time. I'm exhausted easily. I don't sleep well. But that's all normal, right? :) I LOOK pregnant. The stomach never went down...if anything, it's growing. (LOL) I thought I would be the girl that took weekly pics of her belly, but I'm not. I will post one at the end of each trimester, how about that? I'm doing well at keeping my journal and pregnancy calendar, up to date. I really want my kiddos to have those things to go back to and read. Before we lost everything in a house fire, I used to go into my Mom's cedar hope chest and read through my baby book. I loved reading my Mom's words/thoughts. And it was a book all about me! What kid doesn't love that? :)

Oh, and I have to share this. Have you heard of something called pregnancy amnesia? Well I have it. I took my nephews to lunch a few days ago and as we were walking into the restaurant, my nephew says, "those people parked next to us left their car running." We all started laughing at the silly, forgetful person that would do such a thing and then I thought to myself...where are your keys? I look in my purse and they aren't there. I look at my nephew and say, "go see if that's my car running." He did. And it was. I had locked my keys in my car, while it was running. Thank goodness he said something or I would have left it running the entire time we were eating! As of late, I just can't seem to remember things. I'm losing my mind.

I'm thinking about seeing a movie this afternoon. Yes, by myself. Alex says it's sad to do that, but I love it. I literally have the theatre all to myself. I sit at the very top and eat my popcorn and jr. mints and put my feet up on the seat in front of me. It's not sad...it's lovely. :)

Weekend is almost here...do you have big plans?

Love,
Jill

17 comments:

Hope2morrow said...

Sounds like you are doing so great. I'm glad to hear you are feeling better!

Enjoy your movie!

Kristina said...

I went to college in Searcy and my g-ma and one sister live there so we are in the area a lot. (there's not a lot to do in Searcy, so LR it is most of the time!) There is a GREAT baby store in Cabbot called "Over the Moon" or something to that effect. Something about a moon ;) anyway! It has really cute stuff that you may want to look at! Glad you are able to get out and about more now!

becca said...

PLEASE let me join you on one of your afternoon jaunts to the movies sometime this summer. David is pretty flexible and would be able to come home. I never go to movies anymore.
And pregnancy amnesia? I didn't know it had a name other than "motherhood." ha. Mine has gotten progressively worse each time and never fully recovers. That's why I think babies get their brain cells from mom, literally...

Heather said...

So thankful that you are feeling better....it should only keep improving from here!!! I LOVE Pickles and Ice Cream....that is where we got our crib and AK's pink chair! (Or "The Big Pink Chair" as Todd calls it! :))
Isn't it amazing to be shopping for baby stuff?!?!? I am just so happy for you!
Hope you have a great weekend!

Rhonda Rae said...

wow the whole movie by ur self thing sounds g8 i think i should take the boys to mothersday out one day and go do that myself

Amy said...

I am so glad to hear that you are feeling better! And shopping for baby things is the BEST! :)

I was actually telling someone today that I wanted to go see a movie by myself soon. It is SO lovely! Enjoy your special time! (Not to mention those Junior Mints and the popcorn!!)

Elaina Weaver said...

I have loved going to the movies by myself in the afternoon ever since you told you used to do in Texas.

Can't wait to see all you pick out. I know it will be amazing. You have such awesome taste.

I'm ready to be out of school so you and I could do lunch and I can invite myself to go baby shopping with you. :)

Mazzy said...

I am so glad you are feeling better... the second timester is so magical. Enjoy every second of it, it is amazing. I cannot wait to see what you pick out! Shopping was probably my favorite part of being pregnant. ;)
Pregnancy amnesia gets even worse when it turns in to breastfeeding brain. Seriously, I am not kidding. I would lose my head and forget my name if I could these days.
*hugs*

Nitzia said...

so cute! i did forget alot of things as well while pregnant. I still do but it was worse when i was pregnant. I can't wait to see your furniture for the nursery.... i LOVE decorating nurseries! just because we had just moved to our new house i didn't get much done in John Williams room but if not i would have done so much more fun stuff in there.... i think when he gets older and he is in his big boy bed i'll do better:)
Whenever you feel like having some girly company to go and watch a movie,let me know! i like to go the movies too:)

Anonymous said...

I always go to movies by myself. When i get mad at the boys especially that is my retreat...I like sitting at the top eating nachos :) -nat

Courtney said...

My weekend plans include lots of movies, just no upper row in the theatre. So far I've watched 16 Candles and it looks like the old Dan Akroyd/Chevy Chast movie Spies Like Us may be in the plans for tonight with the hubby.
I'm so glad to hear you're feeling better and I'm very much looking forward to the pictures. Don't be shy! post them all around!

Rebekah said...

Oh my goodness, I totally love going to the movies by myself to. Well, I have not done it in a very long time but if I could I would. I dont get lonely at all. SO much fun. I am so glad you are feeling better. Cant wait to see your belly grow!!!!!

Alice said...

I am so glad to hear that the morning sickness is gone. You will start to get some crazy energy soon. I LOVED my 2nd trimesters because I looked pregnant but I didn't "feel" pregnant (or at least feel the miserable parts of pregnancy).

By the way, the shopping part of being a mommy has never stopped for me. I am always looking for clothes, shoes, bows, or bedroom decorations. If it weren't for that darn budget then I could enjoy the shopping part more LOL!!!

Enjoy every minute of this time.

'The H Family' said...

Glad you are feeling better!!! Going to a movie in the middle of the day by yourself does sound fun!

That is hilarious about your car running! Is it sad that I have almost done that before????

I can't wait to see your pregnancy pictures! :)

Faith said...

Can't wait to see what you have picked out! I'm glad that you are feeling better and are able to be out and about more now. That is too funny about the car...good thing you realized it when you did!

Hope you have a great weekend!

Jenna said...

I love...

...that you're feeling better

...the car story - TOO funny

...going to the movies by myself too!

...you!

Melissa said...

Youa re so cute about the movie thing. I love to do things by myself sometimes, but I will have to say that I have never been to the movies. After having the twins, it would probably be nice to hit the movies alone sometime. ;0) I am glad that you are feeling better and that your pregnancy is going so well. You really should take more pics of your belly then just the end of each trimester. I LOVE the belly shots of me and I took them every 2 weeks through my whole pregnancy! You won't regret it!!!