Monday, May 11, 2009

My first Mother's Day...

I had a great day yesterday. I woke up to a beautiful card from Alex. It made me cry. He is such a sweet husband and is going to be the best Daddy. I get tired so easily right now and he took care of me all weekend. I love him for it.

Our Sunday started out with us having a flat tire on the way to church. :) Luckily, it had stopped raining for a little minute and we made it into a gas station parking lot. I was calling family, trying to let them know why we were late and finally reached my brother, Drew. He swung by the gas station and picked me up. I have Journey Kids this month, so I needed to get to church ASAP. Alex stayed at the gas station and put enough air in the tire to get him to church. We were just praying that when we came out of church, it wasn't flat again. We would normally spend the afternoon with Alex's Mom, but she was on her way home from a fabulous cruise, so I had plans of us having brunch somewhere, just the two of us. Since we needed to put a new tire on my car, plans changed. Cary and Sara followed us to the tire place and then took us to lunch. I was okay with this for two reasons. #1: Cary and Sara are two of our most favorite people in the world...our best friends, really. #2: Momma was hungry! We went to American Pie for pizza. This was our first time to eat there and it was yummy. I had spicy veggie pizza...DE-LISH! When we sat down, the waitress told us that all mothers receive a free strawberry shortcake for dessert and I literally squealed with excitement! It's the small things really. I was just so excited that I'm one of 'them' now...I'm a Mother. :) After lunch, we headed back to get our car. Alex went ahead and had them put on four new tires, so pimpin' gold is drivin' like a dream right now. (LOL) Not sure how much longer we'll have her, since the baby is on the way. We're talking about trading her in for an SUV before November. Does anyone else name your car or is it just me? I always name my vehicles and they are always female.

Sunday evening, my family came over to our house to celebrate all of the Mommas in the family. We also celebrated my sister, Jayna and my niece, Jessica. They're our May babies. :) We had strawberry shortcake for Jayna and a huge cookie cake for Jessie. I don't have pics from the day yet...Sara was our photographer. I'll add some pics, once I receive them.

I received several Mother's Day cards in the mail from friends and family...even a blog friend sent me one. How sweet is that? It really was a beautiful day, despite the rain. I hope you had a beautiful day, as well.

Have a blessed week, you guys!

Love,
Jill

11 comments:

Unknown said...

Sorry about the flat tire, but other than that your first Mother's day sounded wonderful!! Especially the strawberry shortcake!! :) Happy Belated and thanks for remembering and praying for us that are still trying!

Hope2morrow said...

Jill, your optimism always reminds me that I need to be more optimistic too. I love that you have no doubts about this baby and being a mother. Your trust in God is simply delightful and I can learn much from it. I'm glad you had such a special weekend!

Lauren said...

I am glad you had a fabulous Mother's Day despite the flat tire. I definitly think all people should name their cars...my current car is the Black Cobra...haha! Have a great week!

Jenna said...

sounds like a great mother's day - flat tire and all!!

love ya, sweet jill!

Heather said...

Glad the flat tire didn't ruin your first Mother's Day!
You are getting closer and closer to the "feel good" part of the pregnancy...and you are going to love it!!!! :)

Anonymous said...

If you hadn't had the flat tire, Cary and Sara wouldn't have taken you to lunch, and you wouldn't have gotten the free strawberry shortcake for being a mom...see everything is for a reason :)- love ya and glad your day was great-nat

Eric and Emily said...

I am glad you had such a nice Mother's Day!!! Sounds like you had a great day-not even a flat tire could ruin it!!!

Christi said...

Yay for having a wonderful Mother's Day. You'll be holding your little one before you realize.
I used to name my cars and yes they were always female. After a car accident in February, I have realized (for myself) that I can not attach myself to the piece of metal that safely gets my family around. I think it's my coping mechanism. Yes, the new car is a female though too.
We went through a few cars when we had our first. I would wait until s/he arrives and see what you're most comfortable in (with the car seat, etc) before getting a new car unless you don't feel safe in your current car.
Take care of yourself and get some good rest.
christi

Shannon said...

Sounds like a wonderful Mother's Day (minus the flat tire)! :)

bb said...

WooHoo!!!! Happy Belated Mother's Day!!!!

Melissa said...

So glad to hear that your 1st Mother's Day was so wonderful! I know you are on pins and needles awaiting the arrival of your little miracle. Next Mother's Day will be the best when your little one is here to celebrate it with you!! Glad to hear that all is well.