Tuesday, May 5, 2009

What a difference a belly makes...

Today was my first OB appointment with my most favorite doc. I was nervous yet excited. Unlike the last time I was there, I felt as though I 'fit in' this time around. The last time I was there I almost had a panic attack...surrounded by all of those bellies. I remember calling Alex from the waiting room, holding back the tears. He had to talk me down, just so I could go get my pap smear. What a difference a pregnant belly makes.

I saw a little blood when going to the bathroom last night. Needless to say, I was worried. I have seen blood once before, but it was after a day of being on my feet all day and walking quite a bit. I hadn't seen it since. Until last night. I just really needed to see my baby on that screen and hear the heartbeat. The nurse could tell I was nervous...my blood pressure was up. Dr. S said he would try and find the heartbeat. Evidently 11 weeks is the earliest you can find it with the old school device that he was using. It took him a little while, but he finally found it and I immediately started crying. I felt so relieved. I went to see the u/s tech while there and we were able to see the baby. He/she was very active...bouncing back and forth from head to toes. It made us laugh. We ended the appointment back in Dr. S's office. He went over a few things and we were able to ask him questions. He then prayed over us and our baby...once again, tears started flowing. He really is the best doctor ever.

Oh, I'm almost forgot...the baby is measuring at 11 1/2weeks. They changed my due date AGAIN. It's now November 21st (day before Alex's birthday). My next u/s will be at 20 weeks, so that's when we will find out if it's a HE or SHE. That's also when I can get started on the nursery...yay!! I have lots of ideas swirling around in my head. I've been bouncing ideas off of Sara (my S-I-L). She's good with decorating and she's very honest with me. I know she won't let me do something that I'll end up hating. She loves modern and I love a little of everything, so I'm hoping she'll be able to help me mesh all of my ideas into one room that I will love. :) I've been shopping strollers, cribs, bedding. I haven't allowed myself to buy much for the baby yet, but I'm sure that will change once I know if it's a boy or girl. I did buy the baby book today! It's for a boy or girl and it's not like your traditional baby book. The illustrator did such a good job. The characters in the book have the sweetest little faces. It's exactly what I wanted. I went through the entire thing this evening and can't wait to start journaling.



I'm almost positive on the stroller/infant system that I'm going to get. I would never register for something this pricey, so Alex said we can just buy it ourselves. I'd rather do that then register for something that I really don't want, just because it's cheaper. Alex did request that I buy a color that can be used for a boy or girl, so that we can use it for our future children, as well. He'd rather not buy one in every color. I can handle that. :) I'll post pics when the final decision has been made.

We've made a decision on our boy and girl name. Some may think we've made this decision in haste, but we've been trying to have a baby for 3 years...we've had an on-going list for MANY YEARS. :) I love both of the names that we've chosen. I do have to say, we won't be sharing the baby's name publicly on the blog. Alex is okay with me putting pics of the baby up, but not their name. He's just worried about their safety. I'm going to have to spread the word to my family that blogs, as well. You guys can't share the name either...sorry! I guess if any of my blog friends want to know, we'll just have to correspond through email. When I first started this blog, I didn't even think about sharing our names. I was thinking our families would be our only readers. (LOL) Little did I know about blogging. :)

It's only 8:30 and I'm already thinking about bedtime. I'll end this post with a new picture of our baby.



Love you guys,

Jill

27 comments:

Joy@WDDCH said...

Oh man you have to share your nursery ideas! I already started on the nursery's paint but will decorate once we know boy/girl. Awww, I wish I could hear baby-to-be's name but it's understandable you want to keep it private!

Anonymous said...

Oh Jill, I'm so glad all is well with you and the baby.Is the nausea still awful? I can't believe the first trimester is almost over. This baby will be here before we know it! So excited for you. And as for the baby names, I don't think your hasty. You have had THREE long years of waiting for this little one to arrive. Can I also suggest putting "The Miracle blanket" on your gift registry? Seriously, it's awesome!

becca said...

It took forever to find this guy's heartbeat at about 12 weeks, but this last time it was immediate.
and can I just say I'm jealous that they actually changed your due date? That NEVER happens for me and my ultrasounds always measure ahead. Oh well, I've just come to expect it and always say I'm due about a week before the technical date... cuz I know that's when it will be!
And... I remember your boy name... did you tell me your girl name? I think you did... but I forgot! So tell me again next time I see you :) I don't think it's early either, I think David and I are the odd ones who take FOREVER.

Heather said...

This post just makes me so happy!!! I am THRILLED for you and I can't wait to see the stroller system you chose! AND the nursery! It will be fabulous, I know!!!
In just a little while longer, you will be able to feel that little miracle move and that makes such a difference in all the fears/insecurities! (at least it did for me.) It's like constant reassurance that things are all okay!
OH- and I love that your doctor prayed with you....LOVE IT!
When you start telling the names, put me on the e-mail list if you are comfortable with that. :)

twondra said...

Awwww, love the picture! So cute! Glad things are going well for you!

amy said...

OH your baby is just beautiful- look at that little boy/girl!! Your dr prays with you?! what an incredible blessing- it gives me tears!!! I am overwhelmed with how God has blessed you guys- SO excited for you.

Kelly said...

So happy for you! All those years of waiting have been worth it. God is so powerful and has perfect timing.

Momx6 said...

Each new ultrasound just makes me really anticipate holding our new little one!
Love you!
Mom

Shannon said...

I love long informative posts! :) Don't you just love Dr. S? I used to babysit a little for one of his daughters.

Can't wait to see what stroller you pick out.

I can't believe you are already 11 weeks! Time is flying!

I want to see some baby bump pictures! :)

Anonymous said...

Jill,

I am so excited for you both! I know this is such a blessing for you and just seeing the baby with his/her tiny heart beat on the screen gives you such peace. I was the same way everytime! I am so happy that you have a wonderful Dr to take care of you through these exciting months :)

My due date was originally on Nove,ber 21st too!- Thats too funny. We ended up having Ryder on November 18th though.

Are you feeling less nauseated now?Well, have a wonderful week and you are in my thoughts and prayers.

Michele said...

What a beautiful shot of your little one! I love hearing and seeing our babies, and I cry every single time- you are not alone in that! :)

Cant wait to hear about your adventures with the nursery. My husband and I loved creating ours.

Looks like we'll have babes around the same time! My cerclage will come out around the 2nd week of November! Good luck!!!

I Believe in Miracles said...

I love hearing this great news!! YEAH!!!

Kristen said...

Your baby is beautiful! :) That is amazing that your dr. prays with you. :) I can't wait to see the baby.
That is why we are private now because I didn't want everyone to see our kids names/faces. It is scary when you start involving children on the blog. :)

I pray you feel so good!!! :)

Rathi said...

What a great post, sure your nursery will just be beautiful! I would love to be on the email list for the name as well! :) Can't wait for you to find out boy or girl!! Praying for you, Alex, and baby! Happy Mother's Day this Sunday!!

Anonymous said...

NOOO...we want to know the names!!! That sucks!

Polly Gamwich said...

I love the beautiful picture of your little one. I'm so glad you were able to get in to the doctor and hear the little heartbeat after that episode - must have been scary!

I LOVE that you've picked out names already! And I totally get not sharing real names - hence my blog name Polly Gamwich ;-)

SO SO SO SO SO happy for you! I can't believe it's already 11w! It's so funny, it feels like you're so far ahead of me, but really, God willing we have this child - in 5-10 years our two little ones would say that their birthdays are really close together ... sure doesn't feel that way this early on!

Big hugs,
Polly

Mazzy said...

I am glad everything is going so well, sweetie. ;) I cannot wait to hear what this little one is named and what nursery ideas you settle on!!! I am with you on blogging with the name, you see how I handled the same situation! Are you having the triple screen done at 12/13 weeks? We went ahead and did it, not because we would have done anything if the baby had had any problems, but because the dr was able to guess the gender at that appt... and he was right! I bet you are dying to know! Oh the wait, it is so brutal!!
*hugs*

Elaina Weaver said...

I have the cutest little niece/nephew EVER!!! :) And active?? That is Uncle Andrew's favorite kind of kid.

What date is the next U/S? I need to know the sex so I can get busy on a few things. :)

Love you sister!

Joannah said...

Cute little peanut you've got there!

Cheryl said...

I'm so glad your appointment went well! I've had some spotting so I feel your pain on how scary that is. I also understand why at 8:30 you are already thinking of bedtime. Sleep is the most wonderful thing right now! Thanks for sharing about your appt.

Paula Keller said...

Wow! You're moving right along!

Linda Lou Rogers Averitt said...

LOVE my baby!!! HUGS!

annalee said...

that picture is just precious. i smile from ear to ear each time i look at your baby!
ps- my word verification for my comment was "undie" maybe it's a boy and that was short for underwear!

Jenna said...

i love ya'lls doctor!!

Hope2morrow said...

Jill, this is all such great news!You are just radiating joy in your posts, and I am so happy to hear that. Are you feeling better? Sounds like you are doing well and things are going smoothly. I'm so happy for you- you deserve this!

Unknown said...

I've been thinking of you and praying for you and the baby!! So glad to see another US pic and hear that things are going well! Having the names picked is SOO exciting! :) I can't wait to see the nursery and stroller and everything come together!!

MiMi said...

I am so thankful to hear this great report! Love that new picture, too!

Happy Mothers Day, Jill!