Tuesday, June 2, 2009

Change is a-comin'...

I had a doctor's appointment today. I am 15w3d. I went ahead and had my yearly while I was there. I didn't realize they still did this when you were pregnant. I don't know why I thought they didn't, just surprised me. Anywho, got that over with and then we moved on to the fun stuff...like hearing our baby's heartbeat! The nurse came in with the doppler. I told her that we had ordered one, so she showed me how to use it properly. The baby's heartbeat went from 144-156 the entire time. She said that was good. I thought it would be fun to put a poll on the blog. Alex and I have our guesses, but I want to know what you think. :) We will find out if it's a he or she at the end of the month...not that far off!! I'm so excited to know if it's a boy or a girl. I'm ready to get started on the nursery.

I talked to my doctor about my weight. I had gained 6 lbs in four weeks. I asked him if he was concerned and he said, "well let's figure that...if you gained 6 lbs every week until you had the baby, you would weigh..." I stopped him right there and started freaking out. He started laughing, came over and gave me a hug, and said the weight thing would be okay. I think I'm going to try the aqua moms class at the hospital where I'm delivering. I also think that Alex, Dies, and I, need to start going on evening walks. He told me that exercise is fine, as long as I don't get my heart rate above 140. He told me to shoot for a 3 lb weight gain in the next four weeks. I will admit, I have been eating whatever sounds good. The nurse was telling me the things that I SHOULDN'T be eating on a daily basis. Honestly, it was like she had been sitting across the table from me, watching me eat for the past 15 weeks. She mentioned all of the things that I've been eating! I called Alex after my appointment and told him what was discussed (he wasn't able to join me today). I told him about the weight conversation and I followed it with "I'm going to meet Sara at Cupcakes on Kavanaugh today." He started laughing at me. I then started laughing at myself. Yep, I better start that exercise class soon. :)

Change is a-comin' to the blog in the very near future. I'm excited to share it with you. Maybe by the end of this week...we'll see. Bet you're on pins and needles, aren't you?? ;)

Love you guys,
Jill

19 comments:

Rhonda Rae said...

with that heartbeat sounds like a gurl ours is always real fast like that

Elaina Weaver said...

Glad to hear the appointment went well. Can't wait to know if Uncle Andrew and Aunt E are getting a niece or a nephew.

And I just have to tell you that this sister-in-law is out of school and home all day. Feel free to call for lunch dates, shopping dates, or both. :)

Love you.

Jenna said...

jill you are the absolute cutest thing! so glad the appt went well! Can't WAIT to know if that little peanut is a boy or girl!

Michele said...

you're a brave woman- i wouldnt want my yearly when pregnant! there is enough going on in there, lol!

that heartbeat was the top range of our sons and the lowest of our daughters. so, i will guess boy! cant wait to see the answer!

Mary Kate said...

i can't wait to find out what you are having!! so exciting!!

Cheryl said...

I voted for pink! I am glad to hear your doctor's appointment went well. I am looking forward to the changes coming to your blog! ;-)

Ashley said...

Yeah! I had my yearly when I was pregnant too, which I also found very odd. Oh well, what do I know?

I think you are having a boy for some reason, but my instincts were way off.... so who knows!

Can't wait to see your blog changes. How fun!

Ashley said...

Yeah! I had my yearly when I was pregnant too, which I also found very odd. Oh well, what do I know?

I think you are having a boy for some reason, but my instincts were way off.... so who knows!

Can't wait to see your blog changes. How fun!

Glitter & Bliss said...

I am thinking little girl for some reason.... I know she will be a doll just like her mom. :)

Anonymous said...

I LOVE blog makeovers! Can't wait to see yours. Totally understand how you feel about the weight gain. It will slow down I promise! xxxx

twondra said...

Glad things are going so well. :) I'm voting for pink. :)

Momx6 said...

You didn't gain 6 lbs. a week - it was a month or more. No worries.

Megan said...

I voted!! I think I'm right! :-)

Nitzia said...

exciting times Jill!!! it's hard to guess about boy or girl when is the first baby but because of your personality i see a girl coming your way! but you never know i might be wrong. I am so glad you are doing the aquamoms... you will love it and it will be great in this hot summer weather. I feel for you because i was pregnant with John William exactly the same months you are... my due date was Nov. 27, so keep that yummy fresh limonade handy my friend! actually i craved strawberry-limonade and raspberry tea the wholetime i was pregnant:) lol.... so happy for you:)

Heather said...

Congrats! I am guessing girl! Did they give you ideas on what to eat? I am 13 weeks and have had all day sickness so I eat whatever I want when I feel like it because I never know if it will stay down. In the last couple of weeks, I feel like I have REALLY put on the weight! If you have any tips, please share! :) Take Care!

Mazzy said...

I gained all my weight at the end... I was SO MISERABLE food was the only thing that I had to keep me going on a day to day basis. LOL I feel you, though. It's so stressful and hard not to obsess about. I am sure you'll be fine! Just swap out a few cheeseburgers for chicken dinners and it will balance out. I forced myself to eat fish and rice one night a week and 2 nights of chicken and veggies... I let myself run loose the other 4 nights.

Paula Keller said...

Yea, seriously! That eating no-no's list is huge! I think a lot of it has to do with Lysteria.

Wow! 15 weeks! My how time flies!

annalee said...

you are not alone in the weight department. i gained SO much with adelaide during the first trimester. it happens! and it all works out in the end:)
ps- i voted blue!

Joy@WDDCH said...

I am gaining weight like there's no tomorrow and it's freaking me out!!! You should share the list of no-nos with us, LOL! Maybe it's everything I'm eating, too.

And they do a pap smear in every pregnancy to make sure you don't have anything that could harm little one in their entrance to the world!