Thursday, September 25, 2008

FET update...

I went for my first U/S and lab today. I wasn't sure how I would feel, being back in the doc's office and all. The last time I was there, it was for the failed IVF follow-up. I was very teary and I remember my heart feeling extremely heavy walking through those doors. It's an understatement to say that I didn't want to be there and even questioned whether I wanted to ever go back.

Thankfully, those feelings have long passed and today's appointment went quite well! I was in and out in less than an hour. The estrogen injections are working quite nicely. I'm so glad I switched to injections over patches this time around...I find them easier to deal with. My endo lining looks fab...it was over 9, which the doc said is great! My ovary is supposed to be 'resting' during this time and from what the doc said, it's snoozing away with no cysts in site! Looks like they will be thawing our little one in the very near future...we're looking at an October 1st transfer!

I have been a bad girl and have been drinking regular coffee instead of decaf this time around. I tried to start out with decaf but it just tastes awful and I honestly feel like I did everything 'right' last time and it had no bearing on the outcome. I truly believe that God is in control of it all and He will give me a healthy pregnancy when the time is right...caffeinated coffee or not. :)

I have been pretty emotional over the past week...the hormones are definitely in full swing. I feel like I'm more aware of it this time around though. If I snap at someone (which unfortunately, I have done), I find myself crying and apologizing within seconds of doing it. Luckily, I have an awesome husband and family and they have been very patient and supportive.

I do have to say that preparing for a FET has been MUCH easier than preparing for a fresh cycle. I'm thankful for that!

Well, I guess that's all for now. Just wanted to give a quick update!

Love to all,
Jill


post signature

11 comments:

Mazzy said...

Yay! Good to hear this good update. Oct 1st is my wedding anniversary, so I am a big fan of that date personally. I hope it holds such great blessings for you as it did for me.
I wouldn't sweat the coffee, either. Both of my doctors firmly told me there is no evidence to suggest that moderate amounts of caffeine have any bearing on fertility. I stopped out of caution when I was bleeding in the first trimester, but have already gotten back in to my daily cup! =)
love, hugs and prayers to you!!

bb said...

Woo Hoo! Know you are tooo excited for Oct 1 to be here already. Glad that your body is responding well to all the meds and I hope the emotions settle down.

Good luck and many {{hugs}}!

Leighann said...

You go girl. I remember downing the cough syrup religiously--do they still make you do that too? Of course that was way back in the dark ages!!

I'll be praying for you! I'll be fasting and praying on the 1st. I do that every Wednesday with two other friends--for our children! So, I'll just add your little ones to my prayer list.

thanks for encouraging me where TJ is concerned!

Courtney said...

Wow, Oct. is practically here! Good luck and you're in my prayers.

amy said...

Thank you, thank you, Lord that things are looking good! Praying for you guys. October 1 is sooooo close.

Joannah said...

Sounds like everything is going to be in prime condition for your FET. I hope this will be the one for you! October first is just next Wednesday. It will be here before you know it!

Eric and Emily said...

Glad to hear things are going well for your FET coming up soon.
Nothing compares to regular coffee I don't care what anyone or any decaf label says, so enjoy the real thing.
: )

Paula Keller said...

That's really exciting!!! YAY!!!

Yep. I had tea today. I enjoyed each guilt-filled, deliciouosly, sugary sip! It didn't seem to help to refrain the other bazillion times we've tried. And hey, if you always do what you always did, you always get what you got. Or something like that?

Good luck!!!

Paula Keller said...

Did I mention that your blog background is BEAUTIFUL!!!

Anonymous said...

love the posts as always. thanks for sharing. i haven't quit my coffee yet either (shhhhh!!!!) but working on it. Love you. ab

SAHW said...

I'm glad getting ready for the FET is easier, and I pray that it is successful. :)

I wouldn't worry about the coffee, I think the latest is that a cup of coffee a day is fine...